Homestore is a child theme for Storefront, the official WooCommerce theme. It provides an elegant and modern design with a magazine feel, which provides the right style for stores in the homeware industry.
As Homestore is a Storefront child theme, you will first need to install and set up Storefront itself.
To install Homestore, upload the ‘homestore’ directory to your wp-content/themes directory.
Once uploaded / installed you can activate Homestore by navigating to Appearance > Themes.
The homepage menu
Homestore adds a new menu location titled ‘Homepage’. This allows you to create a custom menu to be displayed along side the homepage content. This menu is managed in the same way as any other WordPress menu.
Recommended Image Sizes
There are no specific image size requirements for Homestore.
- How do I display the Homepage Menu?
To display the Homepage menu, you need to assign a custom menu to the ‘Homepage’ menu location. By default, the Homepage menu is not displayed, it only shows up if there is a custom menu assigned to that menu location.
- I’m using the Storefront Designer extension but noticed some settings are missing
Homestore applies some specific styles to elements like buttons and the header layout, so these settings are removed from the designer to avoid confusion.
- How do I control which categories are displayed on the homepage product category section?
They are the three first top level (parent) categories as arranged on the product categories screen in your dashboard. You can drag and drop categories there to rearrange.
- On the demo how do I change the order in which the different sections appear?
Easy. Just install the Homepage Control plugin.
- On the demo there is pagination on the single product pages, how do I enable that?
Easy. Just install the Storefront Product Pagination plugin.
- On the demo there are sharing buttons on the single product pages, how do I enable that?
Easy. Just install the Storefront Product Sharing plugin.
- On the demo, there is a content bar in the footer, how do I enable that?
Easy. Just install the Storefront Footer Bar plugin. Then add a text widget to the newly created widget region via Appearance > Widgets.
- I’m using the homepage template but don’t want to display the the page title / content
If you don’t want to display content simply don’t add any. To hide the title you can use this plugin which gives you the ability to hide the page title on any page across your site. Alternatively use the Homepage Control plugin to toggle the display of this component.
- Can I customize the look and feel of my blog pages?
You sure can. Take a look at the Storefront Blog Customizer extension to see what’s possible.
- Can I customize the look and feel of my checkout?
You sure can. Take a look at the Storefront Checkout Customizer extension to see what’s possible.
- On the demo, there’s a featured product on the homepage, how do I add that?
This is powered by the Storefront Product Hero extension and added to the homepage content via shortcode.
- How can I customize my site when using a child theme?
A lot of WordPress tutorials will recommend inserting code snippets into a child themes functions.php file. This is to ensure that you’re always able to update the parent theme without losing your changes. As Homestore is already a child theme, you aren’t able to do this. Any changes you add to Homestores functions.php file will be lost when you perform an update. Instead, it is recommended that you add any code snippets to a customization plugin. We’ve created a plugin you can use to do just this.
WooThemes Homestore Storefront WooCommerce Theme 2.0.21 ScreenShots
Instantly download WooThemes Homestore Storefront WooCommerce Theme 2.0.21,
Our products don’t include premium support. That means we can offer up to 90% discounts on must-have commercial WordPress plugins. If you are a beginner and do need commercial support, consider buying directly from the developer.