WHAT IS WOOCOMMERCE
WooCommerce is designed for small and large sized store operating online using WordPress. It is an open source e-commerce pluging for WordPress.
WooCommerce was launched on the 27th day of September, 2011. The platform quickly became popular because users were able to install and customize its plugging.
HISTORY OF WOOCOMMERCE
Woo Themes who developed wordpress theme was the first to develop Woo Commerce. WooThemes hired mike jolley and James Koster, who were developers at the time at Jigowatt to work on a fork of jigoshop. Jigoshop later became Woocommerce.
381,187 sites or 17.77% of e-commerce sites online were powered by woocommerce as at August 2014.
In November of same year, a conference focusing on ecommerce was held in San Francisco, California using WooCommerce. The attendees were recorded to be 300.
In May 2015, Automattic, the operator of WordPress.com acquired WooCommerce and WooThemes. Automattic was known to be the core contributor to the wordpress software.
WHY USE WOOCOMMERCE SUBSCRIPTION
WooCommerce subscription has a lot of benefits to her users. The benefits includes;
- Billing schedules are multiple to suit users’ needs
- The payments system is automatic and convenient with over 25 payment gateways
- With Woocommerce manual renewal payments can be achieved through any payment gateway, along with automatic email receipts and invoices.
- Automatic rebilling on failed subscription payments can be achieved using Woocommerce subscription, meaning revenue can never be lost
- Woocommerce subscription gives users the ability to manage their own plan such as upgrading or downloading, without seeking for external help.
- Woocommerce subscription gives detailed reports, which enable subscribers to keep track of recurring revenue and active numbers of users.
- It supports renewal notification and automatic email, which enables you and your customers to know when payments have been successfully processed.
USAGE OF WOOCOMMERCE SUBSCRIPTION
A number of high traffic websites such as internet systems consortium and small press Expo are currently using Woocommerce. From available data, over 380,000 online retailers have also adopted this platform.
There are indication that woocommerce ran on 30% of e-commerce sites and millions active installs as at the 3rd week of September.
Due to its base products, in addition to many extensions and plugins, is free and open source, woocommerce attracted significant popularity. Furthermore, there are several paid add-ons for fixed prices.
Woocommerce enables many premium Themes to now offer capability and plugins that makes framework compatible
FEATURES OF WOOCOMMERCE SUBSCRIPTION
- Free trials and sign up fees; Woocommerce subscription charges an initial amount to account for customers testing the platform before buying, it also add sign up fees and free trials to any product you subscribe to.
- Subscription management; You can cancel or suspend a subscription, add items, change the trial expiration, shipping, modify the recurring total for future payments. Woocommerce enables store owners to get full features subscription management through the ‘woocommerce> Edit subscription management’ screen.
- Subscriber account management; woocommerce allows your customers to manage their subscriptions with the aid of the ‘My account > View subscription’ page. Your customers can also suspend or cancel a subscription, upgrade, downgrade their subscription and change the shipping address or payment method for future renewals.
- Customer emails; Woocommerce subscription always notifies customers when a subscription renewal payment is processed, it also notifies customers when a subscription is cancelled or when a subscription has expired with the aid of the built-in subscription emails.
- Subscription coupons; woocommerce subscription offers customers a monthly discount on their payments or the sign-up fee. Subscriptions on this platform include both recurring discount coupons and sign-up fee coupons.
- Flexible product option; You can make the product downloadable, limit the product to one per customer, charge shipping only on the initial order, virtual or physical, charge renewal payments yearly, monthly, or even weekly, when creating a subscription product.
- Multiple Subscriptions; Withwoocommerce subscription, it is possible for your customers to purchase different subscription products in the same transaction. It is also possible for subscriptions to group the products to reduce logistic overhead for their future renewals and to also reduce the payment gateway fees
- Synchronised Payment; With Woocommerce Subscription’s ‘renewal synchronisation’ feature, you can align all customers to the same annual membership term, the feature also allows you to ship on certain days of the month.
- Upgrades or Downgrades; Withwoocommerce subscription, customers can downgrade, upgrade, or even cross-grade between different subscription products. Woocommerce can also allow you customize the costs of switching to a new subscription product to suit the needs of your store with the flexible proration options available on the platform for the recurring amount, sign-up fee and length.
CAPTURE MORE RESIDUAL REVENUE
If you have faithful customers and you intend to ship a surprise bundle of products to them every month or even bill them for an in-person service provided by your small business, Woocommerce subscription can allow you achieve this by taking away the stress of capturing that all important residual revenue.
You can track how much revenue you are generating, you can also track when your subscribers are billed, you can also track how many subscribers you have. With woocommerce subscription, you can know how much revenue your store can count on as the business grows.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- You have to buy this extension
- In your woocommerce store, You have to download, install, and then activate the plugin therein
- Make sure you set up your first subscription based product/service and then take it live via this link
- Our detailed documentation can be checked out to guide you in customizing your subscription products, renewal options and more using this link.
- Then sit back and watch how your store will rake in more revenue to your charging.
WooCommerce Subscriptions 2.2.11 ScreenShots
|Live Demo||Demo not available|
Instantly download WooCommerce Subscriptions 2.2.11,
Our products don’t include premium support. That means we can offer up to 90% discounts on must-have commercial WordPress plugins. If you are a beginner and do need commercial support, consider buying directly from the developer.