Add External Links for Product Retailers or Distributors to Your Products
External / Affiliate products are a great feature of WooCommerce, but they have one major limitation: you can’t sell a product yourself and link to the same product on a retailer or distributor’s website. This extension removes that limitation, and also allows you to list multiple retailers rather than one affiliate link.
Easily setup retailers or distributors for products in your store, including a URL to their website, then assign them to individual products. Customers can then purchase the item directly on your store, or they can visit the retailer or distributor’s website to purchase.
Perfect for products sold through multiple sales channels, such as a book available directly on-site, through Amazon, for Kindle, and Nook.
What Does Product Retailers Do?
- Setup retailers/distributors and assign them products
- Set a unique link for each retailer/distributor globally or on a per-product basis
- List multiple retailers for each product
- Customize the text for the “Purchase” button
- Optionally make a product purchasable only from the retailer/distributor
- Use buttons or a drop-down menu to show available retailers
- Option to show retailers only if the product is out of stock
Easily Add Retailers / Distributors
Add your retailers or distributors quickly and then assign them a default link. After they’ve been added, you can assign them to products and set a unique URL per product. This is useful to link the product directly to the related product on the retailer’s / distributor’s website. You can even opt to only show retailers when your product is out of stock, letting you generate referral revenue instead of backorders!
This allows you to sell products directly, or generate revenue via your affiliate / referral links with other retailers (such as Amazon). Give customers purchasing options without losing out on revenue!
How to Get Started
- Buy this extension
- Download and install into your WooCommerce store
- Add your Retailers/Distributors, then assign them to products
- That’s it! Sit back and enjoy flexible sales!
Creating a Retailer List
The minimum amount of information required to create a retailer is a name. You can also optionally provide a default URL, which will be used for this external retailer unless the url is overridden at the product level.
Assigning Retailers to a Product
Once you have one or more retailers or distributors created, the final step is to add them to your product(s). Product Retailers is compatible with either simple or variable products, so either create a new product or edit an existing one. Within the “Product Data” panel you will see a new tab titled “Retailers”.
The following configuration options are available:
- Retailer Availability – Determine when retailers and the store add to cart button should be shown. This cannot be set on a per-variation basis, only for the product as a whole.
- Always; Use both retailers and the store add-to-cart button – This setting will show both the store’s add to cart button, allowing direct purchase, and the retailers available for the product, letting customers choose where to purchase.
- Always; Use retailers instead of the store add-to-cart button – This setting will remove the store add-to-cart button, only allowing purchase from retailers.
Only when the product is out of stock – This will hide retailers (leaving the store add-to-cart for direct purchases) until the product is out of stock; when the product is out of stock, retailers will be shown.
- Use Buttons – Enable this to use buttons rather than a dropdown for multiple retailers.
- Product Button Text – Shown on the product page in the “purchase from retailer” dropdown or above buttons; overrides the global setting.
- Catalog Button Text – Shown on the catalog page “Add to Cart” button for simple products which are sold only through retailers; overrides the global setting.
- Hide Product Retailers – This will hide retailer purchasing options from below the short description on the product page. This is useful if you’d prefer to use the built-in widget or shortcode instead.
One of the newest features of product retailers is the ability to use buttons to display retailers rather than a dropdown by enabling “Use Buttons”.
WooCommerce Product Retailers 1.9.0 ScreenShots
Instantly download WooCommerce Product Retailers 1.9.0,
Our products don’t include premium support. That means we can offer up to 90% discounts on must-have commercial WordPress plugins. If you are a beginner and do need commercial support, consider buying directly from the developer.