Building online business is not an easy task but is necessary since it is one of the best ways and means for a constant sales activity for business owners. It requires skills and time which one might not have in abundance especially is you are just trying to grow your business. One of the ways for building online businesses is through the use of open source e-commerce plug-in word press which WooCommerce offers for its members. If you are not a developer or you do not have time to set up an eCommerce site, WooCommerce is your perfect choice and will help you to start your online store in no time and with little effort. WooCommerce gives you the control to sell anything anywhere and you can build the store your client need with an extendible open-source platform. WooCommerce is basically designed for small scale and large sized online merchants using WordPress. WooCommerce was launched on September 27, 2011 and since then, the plugin has become popular
WooCommerce, formerly known as Jigoshop was first developed by wordpress theme developer, Wootheme under the talented supervision of developers, Mike Jolly and James Koster, by august 2014, WooCommerce had powered over 380 sites which makes up for more than 17%of e-Commerce sites online and by November 2014, WooCommerce held the first WooCoonf, a conference that was targeted at tuning the attention of more people to engage in e-commerce using WooCommerce.
Since 2014, WooCommerce has become a popular name in the world of e-commerce as it is now used by a large number of high traffic websites and is accountable for many active installs. The key reason for this success is basically because of the free and open source base products offered by Woomart in addition to its many extension and plug ins. More so, there are thousands of paid add-ons available for fixed prices. The fact that it is simple to install and customize also makes it better.
As of this year alone, Woocommerce has gained so many grounds by becoming the world’s most popular when it comes to ecommerce plug-in for wordpress; it even powers 30%of all online stores. There are a lot of reasons you should definitely goo for Woomart right now, these include:
- A WORDPRESS PLUGIN: WooCommerce comes with a wordpress plug-in which means WooCommerce makes it easier for members who have a word press to install WooCommerce easily, with just a couple of clicks, WooCommerce will create all the important pages and features needed to start online business, it as simple as that!
- ABSOLUTELY FREE: WooCommerce offers a free way to create your own store and like wordpress, WooCommerce is free and an open source making it perfect for anyone who wants to set up an e-commerce site irrespective of how large or small the business is. There is also a large community of experts that are willing to come to your aid if you have issues.
- NUMEROUS FUNCTIONS: WooCommerce has a lot of functions; it offers high quality and different functions from dashboards to high-standard security. Members can create a subscription based payment model or even expand their catalogue as their business grows. However, adding more a feature to e-commerce is absolutely by choice, members can import products from Amazon shop to their website and as well track their shipping from the Amazon online store. You don’t even have to worry about the designs because the WooCommerce theme is available for you. This includes a collection of multi purpose themes built to fit into and kind of online business and market specific businesses such as furniture and fashion.
While Woocommerce is free and has an open plug it, running a membership is absolutely important as it will help you enjoy limitless benefits. WooCommerce membership is not just another way of restricting your sites’ content. It is membership solution is integrated with your content and product. It is an easy to use, site-wide membership solution that brings your content and memberships together. It is the also the easiest when it comes to configuration and it easy to manage. There a lot of benefits you can get for being a member these include:
- SELLING MEMBERSHIPS: In WooCommerce according to your initiativeembers can access from zero or more product of any type to a membership plan allowing them to support several types of memberships. You could also:
- Create a product for the membership while tying the plan to that product to sell it, this is called Stand-Alone Product.
- You could also grant access to a membership as part of a product purchase or grant the same membership access to from several product this could be a yearly purchase or a monthly subscription
- Assign membership for an invite-only members area manually
- GRANT CONTENT ACCESS STRATEGICALLY: you can do it so that only members have access to the content of your work, letting you schedule when your members have access to your work. You can also DRIP CONTENT, meaning you can schedule when your members have access to your content. For instance, access to certain posts or pages could require membership for a week or you could determine which content will be available in the free trial period with content dripping rules. This allows you to have control over how members use your site and enables you to introduce members to your content at your own pace.
- OWNING A PURCHASING CLUB: Membership also allows you to turn your store into a publishing club by allowing you to create members-only product or allowing you to offer certain products exclusively to members, thereby drawing in more crowd for you. Product viewing can also be restricted to members hence the products are hidden to none members in your shop. You can also go for the Restrict Purchase option which translates to the fact that products are public but can only be purchased by members.
- SPECIAL DISCOUNT: You could reward your members with special discounts as a way of providing incentives, this discount could be for all products, some products or certain product categories
- AUTOMATICALLY PROVIDING INFORMATION FO MEMBERS: Members can find all the information they need about their membership in the member area from the MY ACCOUNT Page just by clicking VIEW. All or any of the section of the member area can be enabled to show list of accessible products, contents, and discount and public membership notes. This makes it easier for both you and your members to manage the account.
- IMPORT OR EXPORT MEMBERS: WooCommerce also allows you to connect other services too this includes importing a member list from an email tool and exporting members to a CSV file in order to transfer member data from WooCommerce into other tool, you can also create new users or bulk upgrade the existing members by merging your file with the existing one
- SIMLIFY COMMUNICATION: Running a membership site also allows you to communicate with and manage your members. This has been made easy with the addition of Member Notes on your pages in order that you can track information about membership for a customer or add your personal notes for your reference, making it easy to communicate with a particular member by sharing a note with them via email. You could also sent expiration and renewal reminder mails to notify members of their ending membership and encourage them to upgrade or renew their membership.
Membership and subscription is very is on WooCommerce although membership is fully functional as a Standalone membership solution, it works best with the most advances eCommerce payment solution provided by WooCommerce Subscriptions. This has more features and is more beneficial as it allow membership to:
- Use recurring billing (monthly payment) for membership rather than annual payment
- Use subscription as a payment plan while controlling the access length
- Get free trials for membership via a subscription
- Content dripping and restriction which could include free trials hence, you control what content is available in trials
- Pause membership by switching a subscription
- Members could upgrade or downgrade by switching a subscription.
WooCommerce Memberships 1.8.8 ScreenShots
|Live Demo||Demo not available|
Instantly download WooCommerce Memberships 1.8.8,
Our products don’t include premium support. That means we can offer up to 90% discounts on must-have commercial WordPress plugins. If you are a beginner and do need commercial support, consider buying directly from the developer.